Intercultural competence is imperative when moving to a new country. Especially to Sweden, since Swedes are not as “lagom” as they might think! We will help you to crack the Swedish codes and explain the underlying values and norms. The aim of the course is to give a shortcut into Swedish social and business culture. BBi Communication helps international companies to optimize diversity, reduce frustration and misunderstandings - a key that leads to better business.
We will include the following issues:
- Cultural Awareness – Intercultural Competence.
- The impact of Swedish values on business culture.
- Moving abroad – Culture Shock.
- Typical cultural collisions in Sweden.
- The importance of “Fika”, consensus, Jante-law, Work-life-balance, trust etc.
- Comparisons to other cultures regarding communication, hierarchy, meetings, decision making, feedback etc.
- Coping strategies for expats in Sweden.
You will also get a great opportunity to exchange ideas and information with other expats. The event will be held in English.
8 May 2017 at 13:00-16:00
Ekocentrum, Aschebergsgatan 44, Gothenburg.
625 SEK (incl VAT) per person including “Fika”.
to email@example.com no later than 2 May. The number of participants is limited.